IET Computer Room Printing Policies
Black and White Printing Rate
In order to encourage responsible printing, reduce paper waste, and control costs, the campus has established a printing rate for all printing. The price for black-and-white printing is 11 cents per sheet regardless if the printing is single-sided or double-sided. However, IET will waive printing charges for clients who print only a few sheets per quarter since it is not cost effective to bill such small amounts.
Color Printing Rate
Color printing is available in the open access rooms: IET Media Lab (2101 SCC), 182 Shields, 102 Wellman, 78 Hutchison & 15 Olson and in the computer classrooms: 2102 SCC, 2103 SCC & 93 Hutchison at a cost of $1.00 per page. Color printing is priced per side, meaning a two-sided color printout costs $2. Color printing is billed on a separate account from regular black and white printing.
The following web pages were created to address any questions that computer room users may have in relation to printing:
- Printing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) web page
- Check the number of sheets you printed
- Wireless printing information
Printing in the computer room is governed by several rules listed below:
- Test printing is highly discouraged. Use Print Preview.
- Only the Computer Room Consultant is allowed to add or replace paper. No user supplied paper is allowed.
- Take only your own print outs
- If you have many pending print jobs the queue may move some to the end so other users' print jobs are not overly delayed.
- The Computer Room Consultant has authority to cancel any large (more than 20 pages) or time consuming print jobs.